Buhisan Cebu City Area-August 2017
Praise the Lord! Last Sunday, October 29, 2017, we conducted our first Worship Celebration in the ministry area. Thankful for the 15 adults, 3 young people and 18 children who attended our worship service where Ptr. Moises Maaghop shared the word of God; they were encouraged and looked forward to attend next Sunday. After that, we enjoyed a simple lunch together.
We started our Youth ministry last October 28, 2017. Twelve young people participated in this event. Everyone shared about themselves, their dreams and goals in life. Then, Ptr. Nehemias Buloron shared about the love of God. They were grateful and encouraged to know more about Jesus. We also had games after our interaction. The activities have been remarkable, thus, made them excited for the next youth gathering.
Feeding Program. Thanks be to God for His continuous provision in our feeding program. There are 100 children who regularly attend our feeding program every Saturday afternoon. We are able to feed them with bread and arrozcaldo after sharing Bible stories. We feel blessed on how these children learn new songs, memory verses and through such activities, they will be guided toward developing God-fearing and God-loving children.
Bible Study. We have 12 adults who attend our Bible study at Ate Linda’s house every Tuesday. We use the Ang Sagot (The Answer) as Bible study material. During Bible sharing, they are very attentive and eager to know more about Jesus and His word. They also love singing to the Lord. We continue to pray and encourage them to invite their neighbors in our Bible sharing. The team is amazed at the response of the people in the community area.
Prospected Church Lot Clean Up. Praise the Lord for we were able to start cleaning up the lot last October 18, 2017. Its ground has been leveled up to provide better space for church activities. We hired three fathers from our Bible study group to do the work. Some people volunteered to help collecting rocks for riprap-making.
1. Spiritual growth of our Bible sharing members
2. Physical health of the team and provision for our daily needs as we do ministry in Cebu
3. God’s provision for our ministry needs (feeding program, church building, musical instruments for worship)
4. Sponsorship and preparations for our Christmas gift giving to 50 families and 150-180 children
5. Funds for plane tickets and other expenses in attending our Silent Retreat on Nov. 23-25, 2017
6. Schooling of the children of Ptr. Junery, Ptr. Godjell and Ptr. Moises; also the three siblings of Ptr. Nehemias