Baras Rizal Area- October 2017
Church Family Fellowship and Baptism. Last October 1, 2017 as a church we had our Family Fellowship and Baptism. Praising and thanking our Lord Jesus Christ for HIS provision in all our expenses, safety in our travel going in the resort and back home, and meaningful time together.
Team Evaluation of Water Baptism. As our team had a meeting to evaluate what the Lord has done, all of us agreed that having a public water baptism is very wonderful. Before we all went to the swimming pool, there were so much noise around; our team decided to just take a portion on the side of the pool so that we will not disturb the people who were using the pool also. But as we start our water baptism, people started to notice what we were doing and (we think they) felt the holiness and sacredness of it. People in their cottages stopped their drinking session and singing to watch us while people in the pool started to leave the pool and watch us as well.
Silence was evident the following moment for we were the only ones using the pool and they were all watching us. Twenty one (21) people went in our water baptism; before going there we have around eleven (11) listed people who were already decided to undergo water baptism as an act of their obedience in Christ Jesus. Praise the Lord!
Personal Praises and Thanksgiving
Sis. Delia praised and thanked the God that despite of all the challenges in her life and family, God has given her wonderful grown up children. She was a victim of scam by a so-called pastor that she also knows. This pastor took away her thirty six thousand pesos (Php36,000) and the sad part is that the money has been loaned. Now her sons are the ones paying for it.
Sis. Paulette continually thanked the God for travelling mercy every time she goes to ministry area and provision in her family. She praised God for her daughter starts to get better.
Ptr. Nerio praised and thanked the God too for travelling mercy and provision in his family and ministry needs in Paopawan.
Ptr. Bart praised and thanked the God for His protection, provision in his family, miracle works in HIS Church in Paopawan, healing to his son’s fever and cough, and for taking good care of his mom’s health.
Ministry Plan for Seven Months (August 2017 – Feb 2018)
- Church Family Outing Fellowship and Baptism – already done last October 1, 2017
- Alternative Learning System for Out-of-School Youth — pray for students and instructor (no date yet)
- Preschool – pray for our partner church, Bethany
- Discipleship and mentoring (Adult and Youth) – already on-going
- Livelihood – done with team’s decision that the last livelihood we had is our last attempt
- Finding a new ministry area to pray for – not yet done
1. Continue to pray for our ministry financial needs, spiritual needs and family financial needs.
2. For our traveling mercy and the guidance of the Holy Spirit in all that we do.