Buhisan Cebu City Area-August 2017
Praise God! The team had a courtesy call and meeting with the Brgy. Chairman of Buhisan named, Gremar Barete. Bringing with us the letter of introduction and request for approval to conduct a community survey. It went well and he was excited to work with us in his community. Also, he is pleased with our holistic approach in church planting.
We conducted community survey in the area of Brgy. Buhisan alongside with the church partners. The survey played a great help in assessing the needs and the socio-economic-religious-political status of the community and how can we help them.
We also conducted community profiling. We interviewed several people ages sixty to seventy years old who grew up in the community and witnessed how it was transformed. Some of them told stories of how they lived during the Japanese era. Through the interview, we learned more about the history of the community.
Last August 25, we had our Strategic Planning with the church partner and their church leaders. We started our planning with a Lectio prayer led by Ptr. Godjell. We shared ideas on what program and activities we can do for the community according to the community survey summary conducted. Praise be to God for the productive planning.
Every time we go to the area, we bring biscuits for about fifty (50) children so we can develop relationships with them and their parents. It has always been great to see how happy the kids are every time they receive biscuits. We are teaching them how to pray and do Christian action songs.
1. Our needs to start a feeding program to 50-100 children in the community.
2. God’s provision for the acquisition of prospected 150 sq. meters lot for the church building.
3. For Sis. Julie Anne, Ptr. Godjell’s wife, plans to have a vacation and visit her mother in Siargao.
4. For Sis. Cristina, Ptr. Moises’ wife, health condition and travel back to Manila this September 2
5. Kids’ schooling, good health, God’s provision and protection for Ptr. Godjell and Ptr. Moises’ families who are staying with them in Cebu.
6. For Nehemias’ family in Bulacan, good health, God’s wisdom and provision.