Buhisan Cebu City Area-September 2017
We started to organize our feeding program for 150 plus children by giving bread on the first Saturday, two bags of rice with two longganisa on the next Saturday, and Arroscaldo last Saturday. The team is praying that this program be sustained every week for us to see the children with their parents fed physically and spiritually with the knowledge of Christ and His words. Thus, we would be able to build deep and meaningful relationships with the community as a whole.
Last September 19, we’re able to give food packs containing 1 ½ kilograms of rice, 2 noodles and sardines to 25 families in the community. Those families were open to have Bible studies in their homes. Before giving the food packs, Ptr. Junery Berden shared the good news about our Lord Jesus. They were very happy and thankful to the Lord after they received the food packs.
Praise the Lord! After praying for God’s provision, we finally purchased a 150-square meter lot for the building of the church we plan to plant in this area. For now, the team considers to build a nipa hut as a temporary place of gathering to do our Lectio Divina and team meetings.
We thank God for the opportunity to have team recreation and bonding after busy days of ministering in the community. We visited Bantayan Island together with our families and church partner. We were awed by the majestic creation of God during our stay there.
Goals for October 2017
1. Have regular sponsors of weekly feeding program
2. Open at least two Bible study groups for each team member
3. Start cleaning the lot and build a temporary shelter as meeting place
4. Follow up the 25 family recipients of the food packs by visiting and praying for them
5. Give new set of food packs to another 25 families in the community
1. Opening home Bible studies as follow up on the 25 families who received the food packs
2. God’s provision for the team and partner in buying plane tickets to attend Silent Retreat on November 23-25, building temporary shelter and giving another set of food packs
3. God’s healing to Ptr. Godjell’s sons, Abisaja and baby Zach, from fever and sore eyes
4. For successful dental procedures of Ptr. Moises’ wife, Tina
5. God’s provision for the school needs of Nehemias’ three high school siblings
6. Good health, wisdom and guidance for the team with their families