Napindan Rizal Team- July 2017
We are blessed to have a new potential slum community in Purok 5, Napindan, Taguig wherein the population is approximately five thousand families. The streets in the community are muddy and most of its places are submerged in water because of its low land level especially during rainy season. Though there are concrete houses, most of them are living in shanty houses; others are still under the water (please see below the pictures taken during our community visits with Ptra. Hosanna Pabalan).
We had a chance to meet Sis. Rose, a potential co-worker in the ministry living also in the said community. Also, Ate Jane who has an open-heart and desire to conduct bible sharing in their house. For about 3 years, she lives in the community with her to children and husband who is a construction worker. They were formerly living in Pasig but her hometown is Pangasinan. Their landlord transferred them in Napindan, Taguig since their place in Pasig had been burned. Her desire for her family is to have their own house and lot. She has a small variety store where we had a chance to have coffee and snacks.
We also had a chance to catch up with Ptr. Onie Abante, the executive Director of Christ Jesus Our Life church, and talk about the ministry partnership. We met one of the officers – the treasurer in one of the existing neighborhood association in that place and they are willing to let us use their office for any ministry activity like feeding for kids, Sunday school, etc. Let us continue to pray for this community. To God be all the glory.
Ministry Plans for August 2017
1. New area preparations – pray for the mission team and the potential church partner
2. Church lot, building and all incoming church ministries – pray for God’s provision
3. Partnership with LGUs and neighborhood association officers – pray for God’s favor
4. Evangelism – pray for the movement of the Holy Spirit and prepared hearts to receive salvation of every family in the community
5. Spiritual Warfare – pray for God’s power to break down every strong hold in the community
1. Ministry financial needs, spiritual needs and family financial needs
2. God’s protection and the guidance of the Holy Spirit in all that we do
3. For Muslim neighbors and favor to their leaders to allow us to plant church if they are present in the new community.