Taguig Team- July 2018
Blessing in the storm. The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him (Nahum 1:7). Tropical storm Inday affect Napindan community especially the illegal settlers along C6 road. Including our church planting area in Purok 5, Napindan particularly Al-Rich Ville, C6 Ville, C6 Aura and other groups was flooded during the storm and even after the storm. Immediately we spread the situation of the area by sending messages via social media requesting for help and by God’s grace and mercy we were able distribute relief goods for 50 most affected families.
Medicines (paracetamol and canesten ointment). Because of the dirty flood many residents experienced athletes’ foot and other skin allergies.
100 bags of relief goods. (Rice, canned goods, instant noodles, 3in1 coffee, distilled water.
Boots (bota) more than 50 pairs. One pair of boots for every family.
Raincoats for church workers. Necessary for all of us to make sure we can go to do bible study, visitation and serve the needy.
After one week, we want to know the health condition of the residents especially the children. Usually after the typhoon many sicknesses arrived. We do visitation to know who are in need of medicines, to pray for them and do our best to help.
And because of stagnant flood everywhere, no drainage, no proper disposal of garbage we found out that a child died of leptospirosis acquired at the same road where our missionaries usually passed by.
Bags of love. Grateful for Sheila Evert and family for donating ten school bag for the children. She visited our community with her son Stephen, Pastor Don Reyes and Nesie Reyes and met some of the church attendees and prayed for them.
Key Objectives Next Month
Visiting the recipients of relief goods for possible bible study
• Look for donor for the feeding program. One thousand pesos a week (Php1,000)
• Follow up for the release of lot fund and schedule the payment on July 31.
1. Release of church building fund from Sagip Kalinga Foundation on August.
2. Anointing of the Holy Spirit as we share, preach, teach God’s word to the people.
3. Missionary’s good health and financial sustainability.
4. Service vehicle for Bro. Jojo Galang (to be sued for ministry and family). To buy second hand car worth Php250,000.00
5. Apartment rental livelihood for Ptra. Hosanna Pabalan. She needs Php85k for the renovation.